Saturday, January 31, 2009

Thoughts for the end of January

Today I finally took down the Christmas tree and the rest of the decorations. It was one of those thoughts that didn't quite work the way I thought it would.  Since Katie did not come home for Christmas I had thought I would leave everything up as she would be here for the wedding. I just never planned on the sciatica problem which has led to me just getting the stuff down. I still can't carry it to the storage so Ben will have to come to my aid. If it hit February I would have had to decorated it for valentines day. 
Things seem to be sliding back to their usual routine. Work each day, laundry, cleaning, etc. now is when I hanker to begin planning vacations. It is a bit of a quandary as Katie has now become a partner in a law firm in California so I imagine she will be busy with her responsibilities and unable to get away for awhile. Amy just returned from her honeymoon and returned to work. Ben is just finishing massage therapy and job hunting.  So I assume I will be taking my vacation by myself or holding off until later in the year. I guess its just nice to dream of sunny beaches and balmy breezes when reality is scraping frosty windows in the freezing cold. I am just glad I was not born in North Dakota. UGH!!

1 comment:

  1. Has Ben thought about applying to be a massage therapist on the major cruise lines? I thought of him while on the boat and realizing they all have full blown spas on them.

    ReplyDelete