Sunday, January 25, 2009

Post wedding thoughts

I remember that as the wedding plans began to take place I was a bit dismayed that it was to be sweet and simple. I guess As the kids grew I had imagined the big wedding, all the pre wedding occasions such as bridal showers, rehearsal dinner, etc.  I had thought there would be a big celebration with dancing, boquet throwing and all else that goes with the territory. I had to take myself in hand and realize that this was my childs wedding and not mine. As plans began to form and decisions were being made I made an effort to be helpful and not make too many suggestions as that was an easy road to go down. I think I did fairly well, I guess we can ask Amy how I did. She made me feel such a part of the wedding and included me in as much as the planning as possible. She has a big heart and much sensitivity.

Looking back, I think she did it the right way. The day represented Craig and her as a couple. It was elegant yet fun.  Those who attended got a glimpse of the love they share.  It was a wonderful evening full of good food, conversation and celebration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment