Sunday, January 25, 2009

Growing up

I think we are given children for many, many reasons. They bring great joy to life and remind us of our own youth. 
I was thinking about Ben.  He is 22 now and thinking about going out on his own. About to graduate from massage therapy and begin in the working world.  This is when you contemplate how well you did as a parent. Did I teach him the things he needs to know? I guess time will answer that question. I wish him the excitement of living on his own and the wisdom to deal with new situations and decisions.  
As he makes new friends and acquaintances I hope they recognize the special man that he is. My little boy, grown up.  His heart is big and may he never lose the compassion that lurks within it. I will always be proud to call him my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment