Friday, January 23, 2009

January 23, 2009

Today I recieved an invitation to view a blog written by my neice, Alysa. She has inspired me to write my own. I titled it unsolicited rants, as I am not sure that anyone else will wish to read my rambling thoughts but I will give it a try.

I am 52 years old and have never kept a journal, which is one of those things that you wished you did as you look back. When your mind is young you believe you will remember everything but then reality strikes.  Well, there is no time like the present.  I will try to record something of what happens in my life and comment on what it means to me.

On January 17, three important events took place to three distinct members of my family. first, my neice Kimi turned twenty nine years old. When I think of her I see that ever present smile which creates in me a lightness of heart. I just attended her baby shower and still see the glow that had shown on her face.

Secondly, my other neice, Alysa, became engaged to Gabe. I think she deserved someone as creative and fun as she has always been.  May they always know happiness.

The third event was that of my daughter Amy and her wedding day. I think I will create a seperate article covering this important event. It was a day that was special and showcased the elegant person she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment