Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Winter weather

I just read my neice Alysas blog about the Boston weather. I had just finished giving Ben the send off as he went out for the night: Be careful! Its started snowing. To which he informed me that he is just driving to the speed line to catch a train over to the city. As he left wearing a sweatshirt....

I guess someday when he sends his child out into the snow he will know how I felt at this moment.
After reading Alysa's blog I somehow feel better that at least our forecast is not as bad and he really won't be driving that far. Now I get to worry about her. Does life as a parent never end? I say that with a smile as it has been the favorite part  of my life :)

I find myself thinking of blue skies and balmy breezes, wishing that I had the cash for a nice southern vacation. At least Amy and Craig are on the beach in Jamaica enjoying it.  I guess if we didn't have winter we wouldn't appreciate the warm days as much or is that just a way to justify our existence in the northeast? Something to ponder as the snow collects on the railings of the porch and silence reigns outside.

1 comment:

  1. don't worry about me - i'm used to driving in it! i promise that once i move to a warmer climate i will never take it for granted :)

    ReplyDelete