Thursday, February 26, 2009

Was my day good or bad?

This week at work was quite unbelievable. Working at an office of over 30,000 patients is usually like working at a three ring circus. Lots of demanding patients and limited staff usually keeps me on my toes. But Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was a breeze. I awoke this morning thinking just two more days and then the weekend! Little did I realize that all the problems and general nut cases would decide to wait to call or come in until today.  That was the bad part of my day.
The good part was when a patient gave me a hundred dollar bill. Nice. At least one patient appreciates my hard work! After fleeing the office at 4:30 I arrived home to find a letter sent by certified mail from the attorney general. To my surprise it contained a check for seventy five dollars. Years ago Amy and I joined a gym which closed without notice a couple of months later. This was the settlement. Unexpected but nice.
I asked Ben to get me a lottery ticket at the local store since all my luck today  revolved around money. The local store had closed its doors. I took that as a sign that the lottery thing wouldn't have worked. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment