Saturday, April 11, 2009

Its the little things

This is the third day since my Mom died. I find myself crying over the most random things. I keep telling myself its good to cry. 
As everyone knows my Mom had a thing for curtains. She had about five pairs that she would change in the kitchen every couple of months. As she slowed down I took over the task as it just seemed to brighten her day. My plan was to change them before she came home from the hospital. She has a set that is yellow and blue and always put them up in the spring as it made the kitchen cheerful. I put these up today thinking of her the whole time. My next step is the bathroom. I have a hard time going in there as I had bought a nice aqua colored rugs and towels to go with a new butterfly shower curtain. That was to be my surprise when she made it home. I wish I told her now but maybe she knows and sees.
Right now the house is quiet, we had family here Thursday and Friday which kept us busy with all the planning. Today we did stuff in the morning but as afternoon came I found Dad and I sitting in the living room not knowing what to do with ourselves. We always seemed to be doing things for Mom and now we had free time and couldn't even bring ourselves to watch TV. My heart breaks with the thought that when I return to work, what will my Dad do? His life for the past five years was taking care of Mom. Thank goodness the weather is nice and he can do things in the garden next month. I guess he will occasionally go fishing when his friend goes. I told him today I will teach him how to go on the Internet. He just shrugged his shoulders and went to lay on the bed. I came upstairs so he could have some privacy. 
I finished putting pictures on boards to be viewed by everyone Monday night. I cried as I did it but told myself it was good therapy. The family seemed to enjoy looking at them. 
Tomorrow my brother and I are going fishing with my Dad. We thought we would take a break before the funeral and do something together. I will bring my camera and take some shots and write about our day on my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment