Saturday, April 25, 2009

Good Week/Bad Week

It has been a week of ups and downs for me. On the upside, I got to spend time with Amy today. We went to an antique festival today at Mullica Hill. Saw lots of old stuff but didn't buy anything.
 I learned a few self defense moves from Ben. He is shocked at my lack of strength and how unconditioned I am. I believe at this moment he is in his room setting up a program to strengthen my core muscles!! 
 In one week Katie will be home and we will be at the Maryland sheep and wool festival. We will spend the weekend looking at yarn and chatting with other knitters.
 Tomorrow I go fishing with Dad which is always a pleasant experience. It will be even better if we catch fish.
Kimi is finally in labor. I think Niko has a penchant for drama. He has built anticipation to def com red and still has not arrived.
On the down side,  reality has begun to set in.  My mom is gone. I find I don't want to leave my dad alone. He seems a bit lost since the last ten years his job has been taking care of her.  Its funny but the unexpected things are what brings on the tears. I found myself crying in an antique store today. I was looking at hand made soaps. I smelled one and said to Amy that it smelled like the perfume in an avon thing I got when I was young. The lady who worked in the store said isn't it funny how smells can bring back memories and I started crying because my mom gave me that perfume.  If I feel like this I can't imagine how my Dad feels.
Well, enough of that. I must go and do some thing before bed. Hopefully news of Niko will come shortly......

No comments:

Post a Comment